What You Need to Print Our Patterns - a PDF Reader
Having Adobe Reader, or other PDF reader, provides many
opportunities for downloading and printing patterns, ebooks and other
materials available on the Web. Adobe Reader ships with most computers purchased in
You will need a reader installed on your computer in order to view and
print our charts. Others are available; we prefer one called Foxit, available free from their website.
Just follow these steps:
- Check to see if you have a pdf reader by looking on your menu of programs, or simply click on a link for a PDF file to see if it opens.
- If you don't have a pdf reader, or you want the latest version available (recommended), you can get Adobe Reader here, directly from Adobe (a new window or tab will open so you can download it without leaving this page). Or check out Foxit here or go directly to their download page here.
- Be sure to uncheck any additional programs you do not want to download with the reader. (On Adobe's site, MaAfee Security Scan Plus will be downloaded unless you remove the checkmark!)
- Click on the "Download" or "Install" button for the reader you want and follow instructions for download and installation. It's really very easy.
- Once installed, you can ignore it!
When you find something on the Web provided in PDF (such as our
patterns), just click on the link provided. The PDF file will open
automatically using Adobe Reader.
- Now you can use the menu to
print the file or save the file to your hard drive for later use. Make note of the location where you save it! Once
saved, just find the file where you saved it and double click to open
it. The reader will open automatically with your pattern or other
- Large documents may take a while to open.
- In order to print, just select the "Print" option from the menu.
you haven't had access to PDF files before, you will be pleased and
probably amazed how many documents, available only in PDF format, you
will now be able to view and print.
Adding a PDF reader to your computer
will be time well spent!
Free Cross Stitch Charts
Using a PDF Reader
Cross Stitch Alphabet Patterns
Using a PDF Reader