Most of these letters are one square wide, which makes them perfect for signing your cross stitch projects with you name or initials.
Click here for Alphabet 02 Chart
In the Photograph:
This alphabet is stitched on 18-count Aida over two threads. I used DMC floss:
- 2 strands for backstitches
- 2 strands for French knots
Line letters, standard/straight
- Upper Case Letters
- Lower Case Letters
- The upper case letters are 2 stitches high.
- The lower case letters without ascenders or descenders (ex: a, c, o) are 1 stitch high.
- The lower case letters with only ascenders (ex: b, d, h) or only descenders (ex: g, p, y) are 2 stitches high.
- The lower case "j", with a descender and a dot above, is 3 stitches high.
They are also perfect for text in the Baby Hearts.
Learn any unfamiliar stitches by clicking on the links above or the "How To..." button on the left menu of the Home page.
Change the floss color to reflect your tastes and to coordinate with the rest of your project. Use the same number of strands that you are using throughout the rest of your cross stitch pattern.
How to Fit Text into a Design
To learn how to select and adapt cross stitch alphabets, click on the "Alphabets" button on the left menu. Thoroughly read "The 123's of the Counted Cross Stitch Alphabet" to learn how to select and adapt cross stitch alphabets.
Click here for a printable cross stitch pattern for "Mini LIne".
A new window will open so you can also keep your place here.
Return from Alphabet Pattern #02 to Free Cross Stitch Alphabet Patterns
Return to Better Cross Stitch Patterns Home Page