Click In My Heart Cross Stitch Alphabet 29 or on the picture above for a printable PDF pattern. A new window or tab will open so you can continue here.
The In My Heart alphabet makes the perfect choice for Valentine's Day, a Wedding Record or Anniversary, a loved one's birthday... or any other time when love is in the air.
Hmmm... It would also work well in combination with the baby heart designs.
As you can see at the top of this page, it looks better when stitched (the "I Love You" example) than it does as a screen shot from my design.
In the Design Example
When stitched on 14-count fabric using DMC floss:
- use 2 strands for cross stitches
- use 1 strand for backstitches
Description: Block letters, standard/straight
- Upper Case Letters
- Lower Case Letters
- The main body of the upper case letters is 14 stitches high. The "Q" extends an additional stitch below.
- The lower case letters without ascenders or descenders (ex: a, c, o) are 8 stitches high.
- The main body of the lower case letters with only ascenders (ex: b, d, h) or only descenders, (ex: g, p, y) are 14 stitches high.
- The lower case "j", with descender and a dot above, is 20 stitches high.
The majority of the upper case letters are 9 stitches wide.
This is an easy to stitch alphabet that uses only full cross stitches and backstitches. If these are unfamiliar to you, click on the links above or click the "Cross Stitch" or "Backstitch" button on the left menu, under the "Tutorials" section.
Note that only the edges of the letters are defined with outline; the hearts are not. This difference helps the letters to stand out more than the hearts.
As discussed above, if you change these colors, stitch some sample letters first. If combining it with another project, use the same number of strands that you are using throughout the rest of your project.
How to Fit Text into a Design
Learn how to select and adapt cross stitch alphabets by clicking on the "Alphabet 123s" button in the left menu, or click here.
Click here for a printable cross stitch pattern for "In My Heart" Alphabet 29".
A new window or tab will open with your chart.
Return from In My Heart Cross Stitch Alphabet Chart to Free Cross Stitch Alphabet Patterns
Return from Cross Stitch Alphabet 29 Chart to Better Cross Stitch Patterns Home Page